Sisters in Crime
About Sisters in Crime, Inc.
We are 3600 members in 48 chapters world-wide, offering networking, advice and support to mystery authors. Writers in many other genres enjoy the benefits of membership, too. We are women and men, authors, readers, publishers, agents, booksellers and librarians bound by our affection for the mystery genre and our support of women who write mysteries. Sisters in Crime was founded by Sara Paretsky and a group of women at the 1986 Bouchercon in Baltimore.
Promote the ongoing advancement, recognition and professional development of women crime writers....
What do we offer our members?
- Our 16-page newsletter, inSinC Quarterly
- New Sisters in Crime interactive map to find authors and their books
- A guide to the popular books for writers written by Sisters in Crime members
- Sisters in Crime listserv, including links to members' blogs featuring special guests; reports from members attending national conferences for mystery fans, authors, and screenwriters; articles worldwide with news about publishing, writing, and more; and many personal, current experiences of writers sharing helpful information for other writers at all career stages
- Regional chapters, including The Guppies, an online support and critique group for unpublished writers
- Website link to titles by Sisters in Crime authors via WorldCat, a global catalog of library collections
- An institutional presence at national and regional book events, mystery conferences and festivals with opportunities for individual author participation and/or distribution of promotional materials
- An on-going mystery review project that monitors media coverage of female and male authors
- Our blog written by board members and other distinguished SinC members
- Our monthly “SinC Links”—a digest of “news you can use” about the mystery business
- Our monthly “Ebook SinC Links” – a new digest “of Ebook news you can use”
- Member Only discounts for writing workshops, online courses, and the famous Writers' Police Academy
- Annual SinC Into Great Writing! workshop, for members only
- Reports from our annual publishers summit
- Networking, mentoring, and fun
- And much, much more!
How do I join?
First, join at the national level by visiting the SistersInCrime.org website and clicking on the BECOME A MEMBER link at the very top of the page. Next, join our chapter, Murder We Write.